NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) - Firefly Distillery, LLC is expanding its Charleston County operations by constructing a new distillery in North Charleston, S.C.
"Time and time again, South Carolina has shown it is one of the best places in the world to do business. This expansion announcement by Firefly is further proof of our pro-business environment, and we're excited to see what this locally-grown company has in store for the future," said Governor Henry McMaster. The $7.3 million investment is expected to create 20 new jobs.
The South Carolina-based beverage provider was founded on Wadmalaw Island.
Firefly is a craft distiller of fine spirits that are available nationwide. From its Sweet Tea Vodka to its Southern Lemonade, Firefly's signature products are sold at retail stores and beverage establishments throughout the country.
The company's new operations, located at 1210 Valdosta Street in North Charleston, S.C., will include increased distillation capabilities, expanded retail opportunities and more.
"We are very excited about our new distillery experience coming to North Charleston. We will offer new expanded tours, tastings and consumer events at our new 16-acre Creekside venue," said Firefly Distillery President Scott Newitt.
Hiring for the new positions should begin in the first quarter of 2019 with the new facility operational by fall of 2019.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Officials still working to fix the gas leak on Remount Road
- Charleston Co. deputies investigating single-car crash in Adams Run
- Holly Hill man pleads guilty to Conspiracy to Smuggle Wildlife
- 2 adults found dead in South Carolina, 3 children safe