MOUNT PLEASANT, S.C (WCBD) - Over the next two weeks, crews working for South Carolina Electric and Gas (SCE&G) will be pruning trees in Mount Pleasant.
The operation is set to begin on Thursday, June 14. In a news release, SCE&G says the effort will help maintain public safety and the reliability of the electric system.
Most of the work will happen near Laurel Hill County Park, a few islands off the Wando River, and possibly a remote section in the back of the Snowden Community.
"Residents in the area may see helicopters at low altitudes near our poles and lines while this critical work is being completed," said SCE&G Forester Mark Brnaham.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Officials still working to fix the gas leak on Remount Road
- Charleston Co. deputies investigating single-car crash in Adams Run
- Holly Hill man pleads guilty to Conspiracy to Smuggle Wildlife
- 2 adults found dead in South Carolina, 3 children safe