Report: Patient seriously burned after farting during surgery at Tokyo Hospital

WTEN - TOKYO (NEWS10) – A report found that a patient burned during a surgical procedure at a Tokyo Hospital was caused by a fart.

According to the Asahi Shimbun, the 30-year-old patient was undergoing an operation involving a laser to her cervix that is believed to have ignited the gas that she passed. The fire burned a lot of her body, including her waist and legs.

The fire happened at in the Shinjuku Ward on April 15.

The report released Friday found that no flammable materials were in the operating room at the time of surgery.

Trending Stories

Latest News - Local