Missing boy found inside of claw toy grabbing vending machine - WCBD-TV: News, Weather, and Sports for Charleston, SC

Missing boy found inside of claw toy grabbing vending machine

Posted: Updated:
CLICK IN PHOTO GALLERY FOR LARGER IMAGES CLICK IN PHOTO GALLERY FOR LARGER IMAGES
LINCOLN, NEBRASKA -

A three-year-old Nebraska boy who was reported missing Monday was found safe inside a claw crane machine at a bowling alley.

Authorities said the child's mother reported her son missing from their Lincoln apartment around 5:30 p.m.

The boy was found safe inside the machine at a bowling alley located across the street from where the toddler lives a short time later, KETV reported.

Employees quickly called the vendor of the machine who came and removed the boy.

"Just how did he get in there that's pretty much what everyone was saying, how did he get in there, I guess the only thing we can think of is he crawled up where the prizes come out but it still seems a little impossible," said Rachell Hildreth, Madsen's Bowling Employee, who took a photo of the boy inside.

A patron flagged down officers who were still searching for the boy, who was quickly reunited with his mother.

The child went missing when he somehow left an unlocked apartment nearby and walked over to the bowling alley.

Lincoln police  did not charge the mother because they say she acted quickly and that there's no indication of neglect.

The vending machine company got the boy out unharmed.

He even walked away with a stuffed animal from the machine.

Police said the mother will not face any charges.

*KETV contributed to this report.

Zip Code Weather!
Get a local weather report and a 10-day forecast by typing in your zip code!
  • Investigation underway after shots fired in Georgetown

    Investigation underway after shots fired in Georgetown

    Thursday, August 28 2014 12:40 AM EDT2014-08-28 04:40:11 GMT
    The Georgetown County Sheriff's Office is investigating reports of shots fired at 215 Oatland Road in Georgetown.
    The Georgetown County Sheriff's Office is investigating reports of shots fired at 215 Oatland Road in Georgetown.
  • Doctors say with recent storms, come allergies

    Doctors say with recent storms, come allergies

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 11:44 PM EDT2014-08-28 03:44:09 GMT
    Charleston has had a lot of rain lately, and with that rain, comes allergies. Believe it or not your allergy symptoms might be a good predictor of a storm.Chief Meteorologist Rob Fowler, "Many times a cold front, a cold front approaching storm, what that does is it kicks up the winds ahead of the front, and often times the allergens, the pollen producers are there and now what you are doing is, you are making them airborne, so you are scooping them up into the thunderstorm and then they dispe...
    Charleston has had a lot of rain lately, and with that rain, comes allergies. Believe it or not your allergy symptoms might be a good predictor of a storm.Chief Meteorologist Rob Fowler, "Many times a cold front, a cold front approaching storm, what that does is it kicks up the winds ahead of the front, and often times the allergens, the pollen producers are there and now what you are doing is, you are making them airborne, so you are scooping them up into the thunderstorm and then they dispe...
  • Students suspended from Haut Gap Middle School

    Middle school students suspended for trying fire trick with hand sanitizer in classroom

    Middle school students suspended for trying fire trick with hand sanitizer in classroom

    Wednesday, August 27 2014 11:08 PM EDT2014-08-28 03:08:04 GMT
    Two students are suspended for three days after they were caught trying to start a fire with hand sanitizer on Wednesday afternoon. Erika Taylor, spokesperson for the Charleston County School District, said the students were alone in a classroom at Haut Gap Middle School and were caught by a teacher after noticing the smell of something burning. The children were not injured and the fire department did not respond. Taylor said the students were suspended for 3 days. It is not known if the stu...
    Two students are suspended for three days after they were caught trying to start a fire with hand sanitizer on Wednesday afternoon. Erika Taylor, spokesperson for the Charleston County School District, said the students were alone in a classroom at Haut Gap Middle School and were caught by a teacher after noticing the smell of something burning. The children were not injured and the fire department did not respond. Taylor said the students were suspended for 3 days. It is not known if the stu...
Powered by WorldNow

210 W. Coleman Blvd.
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464

Telephone: 843.216.4875
Fax: 843.881.3410
Email: news@wcbd.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.