CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) – Jared Hamilton scored 18 points and made 2 of 3 free throws with 17.2 seconds remaining to lift Boston College to a 71-70 victory over North Carolina.
Derryck Thornton added 15 points for the Eagles, who spoiled the return of North Carolina point guard Cole Anthony after a seven-week absence.
Anthony, North Carolina’s star freshman point guard and leading scorer, had 26 points in his first action since he had arthroscopic surgery Dec. 16 to repair a partially torn meniscus in his right knee.
His desperation 3-pointer just before the final buzzer came up short.
Jay Heath scored 12 points for the Eagles, who snapped a 12-game losing streak to North Carolina.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hurricane Hugo battered the Lowcountry 31 years ago
- SC lawmakers to discuss CARES Act funding in Columbia
- Final day for Sidney Moorer to turn over evidence in Heather Elvis disappearance case
- Salvation Army accepting donations for holiday season from the touch of your phones
- Free parking for flooding in Lowcountry garages coming to an end Monday afternoon