SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) – John Mooney’s 28 points moved him past 1,000 for his career and Notre Dame ran away from Georgia Tech in the second half for an 80-72 victory Saturday.
Mooney, who picked up his nation-leading 17th double-double with 10 rebounds, was 9-of-18 shooting for the Fighting Irish, who won their second straight league game.
T.J. Gibbs scored 19 points, Dane Goodwin 14 and Rex Pflueger 13 for Notre Dame, which shot 47% (24 of 51) for the game.
Jose Alvarado scored 25 points to lead Georgia Tech.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Charleston County creates ‘the Better Northbridge’ study in an effort for safer pedestrian and cyclist access
- White House COVID-19 Response Team announces additional funding to fight COVID-19 variants
- Two women tried to spend $1 million bill at Dollar General store
- IOP Palm Boulevard parking construction to begin Monday
- WATCH: SC Aquarium names new river otters