SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) – John Mooney’s 28 points moved him past 1,000 for his career and Notre Dame ran away from Georgia Tech in the second half for an 80-72 victory Saturday.
Mooney, who picked up his nation-leading 17th double-double with 10 rebounds, was 9-of-18 shooting for the Fighting Irish, who won their second straight league game.
T.J. Gibbs scored 19 points, Dane Goodwin 14 and Rex Pflueger 13 for Notre Dame, which shot 47% (24 of 51) for the game.
Jose Alvarado scored 25 points to lead Georgia Tech.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Surgeon General Jerome Adams, Gov. McMaster, health officials discuss testing efforts in SC
- Judge UW Clemon reflects on the legacy of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- A South Carolina city gets long awaited river park
- Officers respond to fatal traffic accident in Goose Creek
- Deputies suspend search for missing diver in Berkeley County