The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- 2 Your Health: Study shows impact of COVID-19 on kids
- ‘Cake Boss’ star Buddy Valastro fears he won’t bake again after grisly bowling injury
- News 2’s Octavia Mitchell to host YWCA What Women Bring virtual luncheon
- Sunny weather for the rest of the week
- SCOTUS nominee meets with more GOP lawmakers on Capitol Hill as Democrats decline meetings