The Atlantic Coast Conference has canceled all athletics competition and practices through the rest of the 2019-20 academic year amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.
The league announced the move Tuesday. The ACC had previously suspended those activities “until further notice.”
The ACC’s statement said the cancellations came after a unanimous decision among league member schools, with Commissioner John Swofford saying league officials are “particularly disappointed for our student-athletes.”
- Tim Scott, Ben Carson to hold roundtable discussion on expanding access to capital in minority and underserved communities
- High levels of bacteria reported in some local rivers, creeks but clear to swim at area beaches
- Pathologist found blood clots in ‘almost every organ’ during autopsies on COVID-19 patients
- Watch Live at 12pm CST: Funeral for Mr. Mardi Gras, Blaine Kern
- WATCH LIVE: Funeral for country music legend Charlie Daniels