CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) – Thanksgiving is arguably the most gluttonous of holidays, but this year O2 Fitness Clubs is offering a chance to combat the stuffing with its Burn the Bird workouts on Friday, Nov. 25.
Seven O2 Fitness locations in the Lowcountry will host boot camps from 10 – 11 a.m. on the day after Thanksgiving. Classes are free on a first come, first served basis.
The workouts will be completely bodyweight, with a warm up and three circuits:
- Finger Food (Warm-up)
- Burn off the Turkey! (Strength)
- Burn off the Side Dishes! (Endurance)
- Burn off the Pie! (Core)
The Lowcountry facilities offering Burn the Bird are:
- Goose Creek, 214 Saint James Avenue
- North Charleston, 8545 Dorchester Road
- Mount Pleasant: Park West, 3301 Stockdale Street
- Mount Pleasant: Johnnie Dodds, 910 Johnnie Dodds Boulevard
- Moncks Corner, 414 Drive In Lane
- Summerville, 829 Orangeburg Road
- West Ashley, 1964 Ashley River Road
“Getting a great workout in after a feast with friends and family is something to be really thankful for,” said O2 Fitness Clubs Regional Fitness Director Prath Bruton. “We’re expecting people to gobble up this opportunity.”
To register, call the O2 Fitness Club facility where you hope to burn the bird.