On the newest Charleston County update, officials stated that government offices will remain closed on September 6th.
The news release stated that the closure includes the downtown judicial center. Charleston County Emergency Management is asking citizens to report all damage through our on-line tracking tool.
Officials added that curbside recycling will resume a normal schedule on Monday, September 9. If your recycling was missed due to Hurricane Dorian this week, it will be picked up on your next regularly scheduled pickup date.
The following shelters remain open:
- Coastal Pre-Release Center (pet-friendly shelter) – 3765 Leeds Avenue, North Charleston 29405
- You must stay at the pet-friendly shelter with your pet.
- Military Magnet Academy – 2950 Carner Ave, North Charleston, SC 29405
- R.B. Stall High School – 3625 Ashley Phosphate Rd, North Charleston, SC 29418
- Jerry Zucker Middle School – 6401 Dorchester Rd, North Charleston, SC 29418