SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Colin Kaepernick announced Thursday he is donating $100,000 to aid communities of color during the coronavirus pandemic.
He encouraged others to donate to the Know Your Rights Camp COVID-19 Relief Fund to assist disproportionate communities highly affected by the crisis.
The “Know Your Rights” campaign focuses on food, shelter relief, education, personal protective equipment and incarcerated populations to help slow the spread of the virus and provide the resources needed.
“Black and brown communities are being disproportionally devastated by COVID-19 because of hundreds of years of structural racism,” the former 49ers quarterback said in a video he posted to Twitter. “That’s why we’ve established the ‘Know Your Rights’ Camp COVID-19 Relief Fund to help address these issues.”
For more information, click here.
Latest News Headlines:
- ‘We had a lightbulb moment’: Charleston County unveils revised plans for Highway 41 widening project
- GCSO seeks help identifying man trying to steal HVAC equipment from library
- Colleton County School District holding e-learning days to vaccinate staff
- 2 Your Health: Why lymph nodes may swell after COVID-19 vaccine
- Video appears to show tsunami waves arriving in New Zealand