HORRY COUNTY, SC (WBTW) — Two people drowned Friday after authorities say they appeared to have been caught in rip currents while swimming at separate Grand Strand beaches.
Franklin Morris, 52, of Jacksonville, FL was pronounced dead at the Grand Strand Medical Center Emergency Room around 1:50 p.m. on Friday, Deputy Coroner Darris Fowler said in a news release.
Morris was swimming near 16th Ave North in Myrtle Beach, according to authorities. The Myrtle Beach Police Department is investigating this incident.
Allan Eschner, 71, of Surfside Beach was pronounced dead at the Waccamaw Medical Center ER around 2:08 p.m. on Friday, Fowler said. Eschner was swimming near the Holly Beach Access in the Garden City area, according to authorities.
The Horry County Police Department is investigating this incident.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- Alleged white supremacist arrested after ankle monitor puts him at Capitol riot
- City of Charleston, area churches honor COVID-19 victims with ringing of bells, lighting of buildings
- Mount Pleasant family seeking justice after son shot with bb gun while riding bike
- CPD: Suspect wanted for string of crimes injured in officer-involved shooting