WBTW Staff - DILLON, SC (WBTW) - Dillon running back Johnny Allen will be out for the rest of the season after suffering a broken neck in an ATV accident on Sunday.
According to Dillon head coach Jackie Hayes, Allen was thrown from the ATV after hitting a stump. Hayes says Allen suffered a broken vertebrae in his neck, but he is able to move his arms and legs.
The junior running back is in a neck brace, and will be out for the season. There is no word yet on how long the recovery process may take for the high school junior.
Hayes says Allen's spirits were high, and the Wildcats are thankful the accident was not worse.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Officials close the bridge over Beresford Creek after an inspection found a structural deficiency
- Hundreds attend Martin Luther King Jr. Day parade in downtown Charleston
- South Carolina offers free basketball tickets to federal gov't workers
- Count on 2 takes a look back at Hurricane Hugo: 30 years later