Baguette Magic on Folly road is back to an "A" after consecutive violations dropped them from a "B" to a "C" last week. Same for St. James Gate and Black Magic Coffee Shop on Folly Beach.
A new grade on the door at Angel Oak on Savannah Highway after a routine DHEC inspection this week. Inspectors dropped them to a "B" after they reportedly found old food buildup on a potato cutter and mold inside the ice machine. Also, a consecutive violation for a cooler that doesn't keep food cold enough is part of the new grade.
Snapper Jacks on Folly Beach also graded out at a "B". A consecutive violation for problems with
"warewashing equipment", a cooler not keeping food cold enough, and the sushi contractor not following procedures were some of the red flags.
Restaurants with violations will have a follow-up inspection within 10 days.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- South Carolina convenience store clerk killed during armed robbery
- Dozens of dead birds wash ashore in North Myrtle Beach
- Summerville restaurant reopens after dozens contracted norovirus
- Stricter penalties could be on the way for sex traffickers or prostitution in SC