MOUNT PLEASANT, S.C. (WCBD) – With the Mount Pleasant Farmers Market season postponed until further notice, the town has come up with a different way to give people access to farm fresh veggies and support local farmers.
The Essential Farm Goods Market is a paired down, safety-conscious alternative set to open on April 14. It will offer only farm-fresh goods, unlike the traditional market, which offers crafts, premade foods, etc.
Market manager, Tracy Richter, said that the market “will not be a place for social gatherings, but rather a place to purchase farm-fresh items and support your local farmers.” Patrons are encouraged to pre-order and pre-pay if possible, so that the number of people at the market can be kept low.
Richter said that they have “implemented extraordinary safety measures to keep our vendors and customers safe.”
The market will be held every Tuesday from 1:00 p.m to 7:00 p.m. at the Farmers Market Pavilion on Coleman Boulevard.
The following vendors will be participating:
- Joseph Fields Farm: Pre-order your fruits and vegetables by calling (843) 830-8612 by Monday at noon. CSA available.
- Fili West Farms: Pre-order your poultry, dairy and eggs by e-mailing email@example.com by Monday at 8 p.m.
- Hydroponics Harvest Farms: Pre-order your greens and herbs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday at noon.
- Shuler Peach Company: Pre-order your fresh strawberries via text at (803) 759-0089.
- Robert Fields Farms and Earl Freeman Farms also will be at the markets with a variety of produce available.