If wedding bells are in your future, we have a way you can get that celebration for free. New York Times bestselling author Mary Alice Monroe is coming out with a fourth book in the “Summer” series, called A Lowcountry Wedding.
Monroe says, “This whole book is about, what is a Lowcountry wedding? And the tensions in family and generations when it comes to protocol, and etiquette, and what should, and shouldn’t be done.”
The book doesn’t come out until May 3rd and to promote it, Monroe is partnering with many local wedding vendors to throw a $40,000 wedding for one lucky couple.
She says, “We have the best vendors. We’re talking first class, A-list vendors, came on board.”
The ceremony and reception will be held at the Legare Waring House at Charlestowne Landing, the dress by Kate McDonald, flowers by Wild Flowers Inc., food by Cru Catering, and alcohol by Firefly Distillery. Plus many other vendors to complete the entire celebration for fifty people.
If you want to win the $40,000 wedding, record a 30-90 second video of yourself describing why you deserve to win. Then those submissions will be narrowed down to the top five, then it’s up to the public to determine who gets the big day.
Monroe says, “It’s like a novel, it’s the voice, the individual story that’s going to touch me.”
The deadline to apply is May 31st.
She adds, “Someone who really needs this wedding for whatever reason, whether it’s financial, emotional, whatever, has the chance to have it.”
Anyone can apply and finalists will be announced on June 13th.
Monroe says, “I’m kind of hoping a local girl wins and no matter what I’ll be excited, I’m just hoping to get an invitation.”
For more information and to enter the contest, click here.
The vendors participating include:
- Personal wedding planner by Ashley Rhodes Event Designs
- Wedding and reception site at Legare Waring House at Charles Towne Landing State Historic Site
- Bridal gown from Kate McDonald Bridal
- Bridesmaid dress (maximum three bridesmaids) from LulaKate
- Groom’s tux and groomsmen tux rentals (3 groomsmen max.) from Charleston Tuxedo
- Handcrafted bow tie for groom and groomsmen (3 groomsmen max.) by Brackish Bow Ties
- Wedding invitation suites (30 max.) by studio R
- Bridal ceremony flowers and reception table decor by WildFlowers Inc.
- Reception food catering by Cru Catering
- Beverage service by Squeeze Cocktail & Beverage Catering
- Wedding dessert by Sweet Lulu’s Bakery on Wheels
- Wedding day photography by Riverland Studios
- Officiant services by Christy Loftin
- Live wedding ceremony music provided by Charleston Virtuosi
- Reception entertainment by DJ Jake B
- Rental supplies by EventWorks
- Bridal jewelry gift by Croghan’s Jewel Box
- Hair, makeup and gel manicure (for bride plus one) by Stox & Co. Salon Spa and Boutique
- Bridal party hair and makeup (3 bridesmaids max.) by Salon Salon of Charleston
- Gifts for bride and groom and bridal party, signature cocktails during reception, and wedding favors for guests provided by Firefly Distillery
- Luxury transportation for bride and groom after wedding reception by Carolina’s Executive Limo Line
- Wedding night suite at John Rutledge House Inn by Charming Inns
- Generous support by the Charleston Area Convention & Visitor’s Bureau and The Charleston Area Wedding Guide.