BERKELEY COUNTY, S.C. (WCBD) — A Summerville man is facing drug-related charges following a traffic stop in Moncks Corner, Sunday.
Wayne Deangelo Palmer, 28, of Summerville is charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana.
The charges stem from when on March 25, a deputy on patrol conducted a traffic stop in Moncks Corner for a traffic violation.
We’re told when authorities made contact with Palmer, “a strong odor of marijuana was detected within the vehicle.”
Officers found the following after a probable cause search:
- 47 gross grams of a green, plant-like substance that field tested presumptive to be marijuana
- 13 gross grams of a white crystal substance that field tested presumptive to crack cocaine
- 6 grams of a powder that substance that field tested presumptive to heroin
- 39.5 Klonopin pills, a controlled substance
- Glock model 22, .40 caliber pistol
- $1,362 in US currency
Following a search at the jail, Palmer was found to be in possession of additional narcotics yielding 6 gross grams of a white crystal substance that field tested presumptive to of cocaine.
The 28-year-old is currently being held at the Hill-Finklea Detention Center awaiting a bond hearing.