American Red Cross assisting family in Ruffin after home fire

Local News
American red cross_487472

RUFFIN, S.C. (WCBD) –  American Red Cross disaster-trained volunteers are assisting a family whose home, located on Norris Drive, was damaged by a fire Saturday afternoon. The Colleton County Fire Rescue responded to the blaze.

The Red Cross is helping two adults by providing financial assistance for food, clothing, and other essentials, and comfort kits containing personal hygiene items.


In the middle of winter, nothing feels better than a warm place to rest your feet. Unfortunately, many supplemental heating appliances can be dangerous if not used correctly. Space heaters must be kept at least three feet away from anything that may burn and placed on a hard level, non-flammable surface. 

Remember kids and pets can easily get burned if they get too close. Make sure that the power cord is in good repair, that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet, and do not use an extension cord. Using a stove top or an oven is not an acceptable alternative heat source, it can easily turn tragic. If you used wood, coal, or gas in your home a carbon monoxide alarm is a mandatory safety device.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

News Across the Lowcountry

More Charleston County News
More Berkeley County News
More Dorchester County News
More Georgetown County News
More Colleton County News


More Don't Miss