MT. PLEASANT, S.C. (WCBD) – Tax Free weekend begins this Friday, August 3rd and will run through Sunday, August 5th.
Shoppers can expect back-to-school deals on everything from clothing, accessories, shoes, school supplies, backpacks, and computers.
The six percent sales tax will not be added on those items at checkout.
The South Carolina Department of Revenue says tax free weekend does not include items such as jewelry, cosmetics, eyewear, furniture, and layaway purchases.
According to Charleston Moms Blog, there are a few ways to get the most bang for your buck:
- Make sure to get your child’s school supply list from the school.
- Compare prices online.
- Some stores do not allow you to use coupons during tax-free weekend.
- Plan ahead
- Make a list and stick to it.
- Shop local.
- Divide and conquer.
- Take inventory.
Amy Kay, De.cluttered business owner and Charleston moms blogger, suggests parents take a look at what they already have at home. You may find school supplies in your home from past back-to-school shopping trips.
An extra pack of pencils laying around the house could mean less money you have to spend at the store.
Kay says now is also a good time to go through your child’s closest, throw away or donate items you don’t need anymore before you bring more stuff into your home.
1) De-clutter the old to make room for the new
2) Prepare for exactly what you need to buy
3) Plan your store shopping route
4) Think about lunches
5) Consider the flow of the day