MONCKS CORNER, S.C. (WCBD) – The Moncks Corner Medical Center will celebrate 20 years of caring for Berkeley County families with a holiday food drive in support of Helping Hands of Goose Creek.
The drive is to express appreciation of the trust of families staff and has special significance for the medical center’s staff.
“I grew up in Berkeley County, I love living here and I love working here. One thing that I think makes this a special place is how our community supports each other. Our county is growing fast, but I think we still look out for each other especially those who may need a helping hand,” says manager Kim Browder, RN.
Helping Hands of Goose Creek Executive Director Jennifer Jones adds that supporting partners like Moncks Corner Medical Center shows “how Berkeley County businesses and residents help each other. It’s what makes our communities strong.”
Lowcountry Cardiology cardiologist Patrick Looser, MD says that “studies show that giving can boost physical and mental health like reducing stress and lowering blood pressure.”
Food donations can be dropped off at Moncks Corner Medical Center at 401 N. Live Oak Drive in Moncks Corner. The deadline to drop off items is November 22 at noon.
The top items on the Helping Hands of Goose Creek food drive list are:
- Cranberry sauce/apple sauce
- Gravy, salad dressing, mayonnaise, ketchup
- Toilet paper, paper towels, toothpaste
- Sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes
- Canned vegetales (green beans, collard greens, corn)
- Pie filing (cherry, apple, pumpkin, pudding)
- Tea, hot chocolate
- Stuffing, seasoning rice mix, flavored past mix
- Muffin mix & cake mix/icing
- Soups (10-22 ounce) Progesso, Campbell’s, House
Helping Hands of Goose Creek requests food products be no larger than two pounds.