CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) – The Charleston County Government will be managing resurfacing projects in the cities of North Charleston and Charleston, starting tomorrow.
All working is weather permitting, according to Public Information Officer Shawn Smetana.
Crews will work during the night from 7:00 p.m. through 6:00 a.m. at both locations. Smetana stated that the application is a thin, cold-applied asphalt overlay designed to improve the surface traction and aesthetic appeal of the street while it preserves the existing asphalt.
- Palmetto Commerce Parkway (Night-time)
- Henry Tecklenburg Drive (Night-time)
TRAFFIC CONTROL & DRIVING:
- Traffic will be restricted to one lane during paving operations with one lane remaining open for travel.
- Orange cones will mark off work areas and other areas that should not be driven on.
- The new pavement needs to cure for approximately 3 hours before it can be opened for traffic.
The news release stated that if you must cross over an unopened section of roadway, please wait at least one hour after it has been paved.