Discarded cigarette leads to early morning house fire in Charleston

Charleston County News

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) – Fire crews say an improperly discarded cigarette may have led to an early morning house fire.

Both the St. Andrews and City of Charleston fire departments responded to a structure fire off Old Fort Avenue around 6:45 a.m.

Crews arrived within minutes and found a fire in an enclosed porch of a one-story, single-family home.

Officials say no injuries were reported.

An investigation by the fire marshal found the fire started from an improperly discarded cigarette.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

DOWNLOAD THE APP!

Click for latest news and information

TRENDING HEADLINES