CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) – Freshfields Village has pledged a $5 donation to the Dee Norton Child Advocacy Center for each letter to Santa placed in their mailbox between November 23 and December 18.
The Village, which is located between Kiawah and Seabrook Islands, will have a special mailbox set up “near the Christmas trees on the Village Green” to receive letters meant for the North Pole.
Those that include a return address will receive a special surprise. Parents can also email a return address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each letter placed in the mailbox will help fund Dee Norton’s services, which “include providing immediate support and assistance to children and families through forensic interviews, medical examinations and mental health assessments, and immediate support and coordination.”
While visiting the village, families can enjoy the following events:
- Friday, November 27, 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Island Duo Steel Drums
- Saturday, November 28, 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. – Island Trio Steel Drums
- Sunday, November 29, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Charleston Caroling Company
- Saturday, December 5, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Anderson Trio
- Sunday, December 6, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. – TBD
- Saturday, December 12, 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Charleston Caroling Company