UPDATE: All roads have reopened as of 8:30 p.m.
CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) – Several roads across the Lowcountry closed Thursday afternoon as heavy rains caused flooding in the area.
As of 3:40 p.m., the following roads were reported to be flooded:
- King Street at Huger Street
- Ashley Avenue between Calhoun Street and Broad Street
- Barre Street between Calhoun Street and Broad Street
- Rutledge Avenue between Calhoun Street and Broad Street
- Lockwood Drive between Wentworth Street and Broad Street
- Wentworth Street between Barre Street and Rutledge Avenue
- Beaufain Street between Lockwood Drive and Pitt Street
- Calhoun Street between Courtenay Drive and Pitt Street
- Fishburne Street at Hagood Drive
- Lockwood Drive Ramp between US 17 and Lockwood Drive
- Montagu Street between Barre Street and Rutledge Drive
- North Market Street between East Bay Street and Meeting Street
- President Street between Spring Street and Fishburne Street
- South Market Street between Meeting Street and East Bay Street
- Hagood Avenue between slightly north of Fishburne Street and Spring Street
- Dorchester Road at Admiral
Drivers should avoid flooded roadways and seek alternate routes.
Editor’s note: This story is breaking and will be updated.