CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) – Third through fifth grade students from across the Lowcountry named five ship-to-shore cranes at North Charleston’s Hugh K. Leatherman Terminal.
The names were chosen as part of the SC Ports’ Name the Cranes contest.
The winners were:
- Nifty Lifty, named by North Charleston Elementary School third-grader, Promise Washington
- Sir Lift-A-Lot, named by Fort Dorchester Elementary School fifth-grader, Rashard Davis
- No Crane No Gain, named by Drayton Hall Elementary School fifth-grader, Jaden Warren
- South Craneolina, named by Westview Elementary School fifth-grader, Corbin Pritchard
- The Reel Steel, named by Bowen’s Corner Elementary School fifth-grader, Noah Cowell
SC Ports Chief Operating Officer, Barbara Melvin, said that she hopes the contest “sparks a lifelong connection to the maritime industry” for the students.