MPFD: One person treated by EMS after heater malfunction at Tavern and Table

Charleston County News

MOUNT PLEASANT, S.C. (WCBD) – One person is recovering Tuesday morning after a heater malfunctioned at a popular Mount Pleasant restaurant.

The Mount Pleasant Fire Department (MPFD) responded to reports of an explosion at Tavern and Table Monday evening.

According to Mount Pleasant Fire Chief Mike Mixon, while the initial call came in as an explosion, he said it was quickly downgraded when units arrived on scene.

Mixon described the event as a “flash”, which a Tavern and Table spokesperson said came from a malfunctioning outdoor heater.

One person was treated by EMS, and is doing fine now.

Tavern and Table remained open throughout the event.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

DOWNLOAD THE APP!

WCBD News app graphic_1558160087567.png.jpg

Click for latest news and information

TRENDING HEADLINES