COLLETON COUNTY, S.C. (WCBD) – A Drain Road home was damaged in an evening fire Sunday night.
At 10:40 p.m., the homeowner returned to find smoke and flames coming from one end of the singlewide mobile home. Authorities stated that he called 9-1-1 and attempted to extinguish the fire until Fire-Rescue units arrived, but was driven out of the structure by the extreme heat and smoke.
Emergency crews reported the residence was approximately 30% involved on their arrival. Firefighters deployed two handlines, and made entry through the front door and conducted an aggressive interior attack on the blaze.
Officials stated that the flames gutted most of the interior and that the fire began in the back bedroom.
No one was home when the fire occurred and no injuries were reported.
The Red Cross is assisting the homeowner.