Man airlifted to MUSC after flammable product ignites, burns his legs

Colleton County News

Colleton County Fire Rescue

ROUND O, S.C. (WCBD) – A man suffered serious burns to his legs while attempting to burn yard debris Wednesday afternoon in Colleton County.

Crews with Colleton County Fire Rescue responded to a home on Sidneys Road after 911 received calls that a flammable product ignited and burned the man’s legs.

He was initially treated at the scene by firefighter-paramedics and later airlifted to the burn center at the Medical University of South Carolina for treatment.

There is no word on his condition.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

DOWNLOAD THE APP!

Click for latest news and information

TRENDING HEADLINES

Join our daily newsletter!