DORCHESTER COUNTY, S.C. (WCBD) – A dead body has been found on the railroad right-of-way after being struck by a train on August 11, between Jedburg area and Ridgeville, according to Dorchester County Coroner Paul J. Brouthers.
The victim has been identified as Daniel Reed Smith, 29, of Summerville.
He was pronounced dead at the scene August 11, at 8:00 p.m., Brouthers added. It is unclear at this time as to whether Smith died as a result of being struck by the train or was already deceased at the time of being struck, according to the news release.
An autopsy was conducted Sunday at the Medical University of South Carolina, Brouthers said.
This case remains under investigation by the Dorchester County Sheriff’s Office and the Dorchester County Coroner’s Office.
Help troopers locate vehicle involved...
Woman charged with Identity Theft in...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Trucker saves dogs thrown from vehicle on highway
- Help troopers locate vehicle involved in hit-and-run in Spartanburg Co.
- Woman charged with Identity Theft in Berkeley County
- Death of 7-year-old on border raises questions