DORCHESTER COUNTY, SC (WCBD) – The South Carolina Department of Transportation says motorists can expect temporary lane closures on I-26 this week.
A spokesperson said lane closures will affect traffic from mile marker 188 to mile marker 191 to allow for the installation of overhang platforms.
I-26 Westbound Left Lane Closure & Right Lane Pacing Operation
• Monday, January 7: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m.
• During the left lane closure, the South Carolina Highway Patrol will be slowly pacing traffic in the right lane to allow for the movement of materials and equipment within the work zone. The pacing operation will begin at Exit 194 and drivers may experience up to 20 minutes of wait time. The South Carolina Highway Patrol will clear traffic between work operations.
I-26 Eastbound Right Lane Closure
• Tuesday, January 8: 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
All scheduled times are approximate and dependent on the weather.
Drivers traveling near the construction zones are asked to be aware of equipment and crews, new and changing traffic patterns, and to comply with traffic control signs, reductions in speed limits, and message board information.
Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Memorial park dedicated to the memory of Florence officer under construction
- Lawmakers debate on how to spend the budget for the upcoming fiscal year
- Beaufort Police search for suspect in Quality Inn armed robbery
- SCDOT: More than 200 trees fell during storms in S.C. Friday