Summerville Fire and Rescue responded to a small kitchen fire on Tuesday

Dorchester County News

Provided

SUMMERVILLE, S.C. (WCBD) – Summerville Fire and Rescue responded to a kitchen fire Tuesday morning.

Crews said the fire happened in the oven where a cake covered in plastic had been stored prior to the oven being turned on to cook.

The residents responded quickly to extinguish the fire before Summerville Fire and Rescue arrived on scene.

“The smoke alarms sounded and alerted the homeowner, and their quick actions prevented any further damage,” the department said.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

DOWNLOAD THE APP!

WCBD News app graphic_1558160087567.png.jpg

Click for latest news and information

TRENDING HEADLINES