LINCOLNVILLE, S.C. (WCBD) – The Town of Lincolnville on Thursday announced the passage of an Emergency Ordinance requiring the wearing of face coverings in some businesses and town establishments.
Citizens are required to wear face coverings in all retail and food establishments, as well as all municipal buildings.
The Ordinance is effective immediately, and runs through October 5, 2020.
Those who do not comply will be fined $50.00.
The Ordinance stipulates the following exemptions:
- Those under three years old
- Those “for whom a face covering would cause impairment due to an existing health condition”
- Those seated at a restaurant or bar “while actively eating or drinking, as long as they maintain a minimum of six feet from other persons…other than members of their households.”
- Those in a personal vehicle
- Those following the directions of law enforcement officers