GEORGETOWN COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — Georgetown County Council voted unanimously Tuesday to reopen beaches beginning at noon Friday.
This vote mean Pawleys Island town beaches will also reopen at noon Friday. Murrells Inlet and the Garden City portion of Georgtown County will also reopen, however, MarshWalk and Veterans Pier will stay closed until at least May 15.
Litchfield, Litchfield-by-the-Sea and Debordieu Beach will open Friday at noon.
Surfside Beach is already open for non-stationary activities but will be voting Tuesday night on other activities.
Myrtle Beach Council also voted Tuesday to reopen beaches.
- S.C. Dept. of Commerce approves application for Mt. P Christmas parade
- NCFD responding to Tuesday evening apartment fire
- NASA collects sample of ancient asteroid for voyage back to Earth
- As Senate weighs COVID-19 relief, AP reports White House tried to control CDC pandemic messaging
- Time running out to reach COVID-19 relief deal before election