GEORGETOWN COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — Georgetown County Council voted unanimously Tuesday to reopen beaches beginning at noon Friday.
This vote mean Pawleys Island town beaches will also reopen at noon Friday. Murrells Inlet and the Garden City portion of Georgtown County will also reopen, however, MarshWalk and Veterans Pier will stay closed until at least May 15.
Litchfield, Litchfield-by-the-Sea and Debordieu Beach will open Friday at noon.
Surfside Beach is already open for non-stationary activities but will be voting Tuesday night on other activities.
Myrtle Beach Council also voted Tuesday to reopen beaches.
- Suspended Buffalo Police officers charged with second degree assault
- Sheriff and chief deputy in SC county infected with COVID-19
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Storm Cristobal strengthening as it moves toward Louisiana
- Tampa troopers help deliver baby on side of road
- War Story: World War II Veteran shares his journey through battle caused hate, to find love