MURRELLS INLET, S.C. (WBTW) — A boat overturned Thursday afternoon near the jetties in Murrells Inlet, according to the U.S. Coast Guard.
The Coast Guard said the 12 foot jon boat overturned in the water and pushed up against rocks.
Several people were able to get out of the boat and were evaluated at the ranger station, according to Mark Nugent with Midway Fire Rescue.
- An empty seat at the table: Lowcountry family grieving a COVID-19 loss this Thanksgiving
- Worker fired for forgetting doctor’s note after negative COVID-19 test
- Woman says mother died following horrific neglect at Charlotte nursing home
- ‘Pardon people, not turkeys’: Group calls on Gov. Cooper to use pardon power for people wrongfully convicted
- Young Bay Area artist gets surprise call from Kamala Harris