MURRELLS INLET, S.C. (WBTW) — Deputies are investigating a shooting in Murrells Inlet, according to Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office Public Information Officer Jason Lesley.
The shooting happened Wednesday on Lomax Court, Lesley said. Deputies say the victim came home from work to eat lunch and interrupted a burglary in progress at his home. A struggle ensued between the victim and one of the burglars inside his home and the victim was shot in the lower torso. He was taken to a hospital to be treated.
The suspect fled the scene. Deputies said Wednesday night that Alexis Storm Flores, 19, of Murrells Inlet, has been identified as one of the suspects. She’s wanted for attempted murder and 1st degree burglary.
Deputies say she was operating a white 2009 Volkswagen Routan minivan at the time of the incident. It has SC tag# MCV 842.
Anyone with information about Flores is asked to contact senior investigator Hank Carrison at 843-436-6058.
This is a developing story. Count on News13 for updates.
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- CPD responding to shooting on Beaufain Street
- Watch: Lindsey Graham accosted at DC airport, says he won’t be intimidated
- New study shows South Carolinians’ biggest phobia is the dark