ORANGEBURG COUNTY, S.C. (WCBD) - Sheriff Leroy Ravenell announced the final suspect in the fatal October 27 home invasion has made his first court appearance.
“This is the seventh and final suspect has now gone through court for an arraignment, a formal presentation of his rights,” the sheriff said. “We had three on video. But we weren’t stopping until our investigation had determined we had any and all suspects connected to this case in custody.”
Rodney Darnell Wade, 22, was taken into custody on Friday. He was formally charged with murder, armed robbery, first-degree burglary, and possession of a weapon during a crime.
Facing those same charges are Steven Bradley, 33; Brandon Culbreath, 22; and Daryl Sutton, 18. They were taken into custody over the November 2-4 weekend.
Breanna Fludd, 27; Tamika Lopez, 43; and Whitney Robinson, 29, were also charged in the case with accessory before and after the fact with investigators saying the women knew of the plan and the fatal shooting after.
The seven are charged in the Geneva Road home invasion in which a 30-year-old resident was shot and killed during a robbery attempt.
Security video shows three males attempting to kick in a back door before leaving the camera’s view and successfully kicking in another door.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Lowcountry teacher and actor to perform one-man adaption of "A Christmas Carol"
- Toys For Tots donations at Krispy Kreme
- Courageous Kidz car show to be held on Saturday
- Mother faces charges after baby dies in Myrtle Beach