UPDATE: Roads previously reported as closures in Summerville are back open.
CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD)- Multiple roads are closed in the Charleston area as Hurricane Ian bears down on the South Carolina coast.
Hurricane Ian is expected to make landfall as a Category 1 hurricane on Friday afternoon.
See below for a full list of road closures:
This list will be updated as additional road closures are announced.
- More than a dozen roads in downtown Charleston are closed due to flooding. Click here for the full list of closures.
- The Charleston Police Department reported there are 18 traffic lights out in the City of Charleston.
- The Charleston Battery is closed
- US-17 at Wantoot Boulevard (Partial Closure)
- Windemere Boulevard from Folly Road Boulevard to Chadwick Drive
- Wilshire Drive at Cecilia Drive
- William Ackerman Lane from Windemere Boulevard to West Confederate Circle
- West Ashley Circle at Bees Ferry Road
- Wateree Drive to Ravenel Drive
- Saint Andrews Boulevard ramp between US-17 and Saint Andrews Boulevard
- Dupont Road at Sam Rittenburg Boulevard
- 301 HOLIDAY DR; AVID HOTEL (COMPLETLEY IMPASSABLE IN FRONT OF )
- N MAGNOLIA ST & E 5TH N ST IMPASSABLE
- PAWLEY DR IS COMPLETLEY FLOODED
- 1310 BOONEHILL RD; BOONE WEST APTS ENTRANCE IS IMPASSABLE
- TRAVELERS BLVD & WALDEN RIDGE IS IMPASSABLE
- CONGRESSIONAL BLVD & CASTLE HARBOR RD IS IMPASSABLE
- AZALEA SQUARE IS FLOODING.
- 600 BLOCK OF N HICKORY STREET TREE BLOCKING THE ROADWAY.
- THE RETENTION POUND AT THE BACK OF THE FD IS FLOODING W 1ST NORTH ST NOT PASSABLE.
- THAMES AVE IN NEWINGTON PLANTATION IS COMPLETLEY UNDER WATER BEHIND 207 COOSAWATCHIE ST; LAKES OF SUMMERVILLE (DRAIN BLOCKED IN BACK YARD, COOSAWATCHIE AND THAT ADDRESS ARE FLOODING)
- 1925 BACONS BRIDGE RD; CREEKSIDE MHP ENTRANCE (3-4 FOOT OF WATER NOT ACCESSIBLE)
- PARADISE PT & BACONS BRIDGE RD (6 INCHES OF WATER – ENTRANCE TO PARADISE LAKES NOT ACCESSIBLE)
- BOONEHILL RD & GREENWAVE BLVD; NR SOFTBALL FIELDS (NOT ACCESSIBLE IFO FIELDS)
- Virginia Avenue (Partial Closure)
- Midland Park Road (Partial Closure)
- Industrial Avenue (Partial Closure)
- Dorchester Road and Rivers Avenue (Partial Closure)
- Patriot Boulevard between Oakleaf and Sunshine Way (Partial Closure)
- Buist Avenue at Spruill Avenue
- Baker Street
There are multiple traffic lights out in North Charleston.
- Front Street
- Riverland Drive from Chipley Terrace to George Griffith Boulevard
- River Road at 2500 River Road
TRACKING IAN | See the latest news and important information | Click here