Summer is right around the corner, and that means stricter rules for dogs on Lowcountry beaches.
Here are the guidelines if you plan on taking Fido to fetch in the surf:
- Summer hours begin Wednesday, May 1st
- Dogs are allowed off leash from 5:00am-10:00am
- No dogs are allowed on the beach from 10:00am-6:00pm
- Dogs must be on a leash from 6:00pm-5:00am
- Summer hours are May 1st to September 30th
- Dogs are not allowed on the beach during this time between 10:00am-6:00pm
Isle of Palms
- Summer hours are April 1st to September 14th
- Dogs are allowed to be off the leash between the hours of 5:00am-9:00am
- Owners must have a leash in hand and their dog must be under voice command
Remember, if you do decide to take your furry friend with you any of the beaches, you must clean up after them.