Malfunctioning exhaust fan force evacuations at Summerville High School

Local News
summervillehs_492997

SUMMERVILLE, S.C (WCBD) – Students and staff of Summerville High School are back inside after being evacuated, Monday morning.

“A malfunctioning exhaust fan generated smoke in a science lab at Summerville High on February 12,” according to Dorchester District Two spokeswoman Pat Raynor.

Students and staff evacuated the building for approximately ten minutes while the fire department inspected the area and determined it was safe to resume regular activities within the building.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

DOWNLOAD THE APP!

WCBD News app graphic_1558160087567.png.jpg

Click for latest news and information

TRENDING HEADLINES