MURRELLS INLET, SC (WCBD) – The Georgetown County Coroner’s Office has identified the victim of an early morning condo fire in Murrells Inlet.
According to Deputy Coroner Paulette Radcliffe, 30-year-old Jacob Brandon Elliott died as the result of asphyxia due to carbon monoxide.
The fire, which began just before 4:30 a.m. Tuesday, took firefighters nearly two hours to extinguish.
Once at the scene, crews entered the burning building to search for any victims and to attack the fire, but after realizing the upstairs had collapsed onto the floor below, crews immediately exited the building.
Once extinguished, crews searched the building and discovered the body of Elliott and a dog.
SLED was called to the scene to investigate the fire.