NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD)- North Charleston police officers responded to a reported home invasion in the 9000 block of Salamander Road around 1 AM Sunday.
When they arrived at the scene, they found one male victim dead from an apparent gunshot wound. The initial investigation found several people were in the house when two or three unknown men came in through the front door. Police believe there was an altercation, and then the victim was shot.
54-year-old Harold Hutzler has been identified as the victim.
This incident remains under investigation by NCPD.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Lowcountry man charged with sexually assaulting a minor
- Charleston businessman Ben Navarro buys Volvo Car Open
- Police: Man arrested after attempted murder shooting in N. Charleston
- City of Charleston announces final approval for Waterfront Park Expansion