CHARLESTON, S.C. - The South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) is planning a weekend lane closure on the eastbound I-526 James B. Edwards Bridge crossing the Wando River.
- A lane closure is scheduled for night time work between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. Sunday, August 19th through Tuesday, August 21st
- The closure is being put in place to facilitate electrical work being done on the bridge below the deck related to the on-going work to repair and improve the cable system
- One lane will remain open on the eastbound bridge while the work is being done.
The truck lanes in both directions remain closed. Barrier wall and barrels are still in place on the westbound bridge to provide access to the construction entrance.
For more information or questions about the lane closure and an update on the progress of the cable repair and improvement, please contact James Law at: (843) 214-5967.
SCDOT apologizes for the inconvenience for motorists and appreciates their patience as the work continues below the bridge deck to install the additional cables that will reinforce the cable system.
- SCHP investigating school bus collision in Greenwood Co.; 13 transported to hospital
- Georgetown man charged with kidnapping, robbing and assaulting 77-year-old woman
- Murphy USA's VP will fly to Charleston after employee calls 911 on local activists
- Investigators on scene of fatal motorcyclist accident on I-26 westbound