CHARLESTON, SC (WCBD) – It’s a big day for adoptions across South Carolina – November 19th is statewide adoption day.
On this special day, dozens of children are reuniting with families in the Palmetto State.
More than 60 children will be adopted from the South Carolina foster care system in 43 new homes.
News 2 had the opportunity to sit in the courtroom and listen to a few of the hearings. One father says this day is a testament to his faith.
"He is a picture of what God has done for me,” said adoptive father, Jeffrey McCain. “He's someone who's lost and abandoned, and alone. And through his son, Jesus Christ, adopted me into his family, and I get to follow my God by adopting Zeke into mine.”
Adoptions will take place from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. in Charleston County. They will continue across the state in Anderson, Sumter, and Conway.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- How to help furloughed Coast Guard members and their families
- Officials identify body found floating in the Edisto River
- Authorities continue to investigate suspicious death at Shuler Cemetery
- City of Charleston conducted 6-month study to address parking problems