CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD) - A network outage is causing problems for local Roper St. Francis healthcare facilities.
A system network outage was triggered on Saturday afternoon after we encountered a hardware failure in our network storage, according to the Director of Corporate Communications Andy Lyons. It's important to note that patient data was not lost or compromised during this time, Lyons added.
The Roper St. Francis website and some internal systems continue to be affected, according to the news release. Officials state that they are doing everything they can to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
Lyons states that their hospitals, express care facilities and Roper St. Francis physician partners offices remain open, and are providing excellent and safe care to patients.
Officials are following well-established protocols and national best practices while restoring all systems. If you need help scheduling an appointment, please call the contact center at (843) 402-2273.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Lowcountry man charged with sexually assaulting a minor
- Charleston businessman Ben Navarro buys Volvo Car Open
- Police: Man arrested after attempted murder shooting in N. Charleston
- City of Charleston announces final approval for Waterfront Park Expansion