Tar machine sparks small fire in Ladson

Local News

LADSON, S.C. (WCBD) – A fire was reported near an elementary school in Ladson early Thursday morning.

Crews were called to the scene just after 5:30 a.m. along Ladson Road.

Chief Joshua Woodall with the C&B Fire Department said a tar machine that was being used for roofing at Ladson Elementary School sparked the small fire.

Thankfully it did not take fire crews long to put the fire out. We’re told firefighters were only on the scene for less than an hour.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


WCBD News app graphic_1558160087567.png.jpg

Click for latest news and information