MONCKS CORNER, S.C. – Berkeley County Roads and Bridges Department will begin resurfacing work on Centennial Boulevard and Hamlet Circle throughout the month of May.
All work is dependent upon weather.
1) Centennial Boulevard (portion from Crowfield Boulevard to Gainesborough Drive)
- Road closedfor cement stabilizing fromMonday, May 6–Friday, May 10
- Detour:Residents who normally use Monsarret Laneto exit Cadbury onto Centennial, will be detoured directly onto Gainesborough Drive, via Isherwod Drive. Residents who use Monsarret Lane, on the other side to exit Pembroke, will be detoured to Lowndes Road. This will take them directly onto the open portion of Centennial Boulevard.
2) Centennial Boulevard
- Resurfacing from Monday, May 13–Friday, May 17
- Motorists should expect traffic delays as work is being performed.
3) Hamlet Circle
- Resurfacing two separate portions of the road
- ▪Monday, May20–Friday, May 24
- ▪Monday, May 27–Friday, May 31
A message board will be placed on Crowfield Boulevard, at Centennial Boulevard and Gainsborough Drive, with road closure dates and access to Pinewood Place.
Detour signs will be placed at designated areas to control traffic on the road closed dates for Centennial Blvd.
All resurfacing work will be controlled by traffic control personnel and the Goose Creek Police Department.
Centennial Boulevard and Hamlet Circle are two of the four Berkeley County road improvement projects recently funded with $500,000 from the County Transportation Committee (CTC).
The other two roads are Discovery Drive and Colony Post Loop, where work is expected to begin in June