(WFLA) – Mega Millions fever is spreading across the country, as the jackpot has grown to $415 million – the third largest Mega Millions jackpot in history.
No one matched all six winning numbers on Tuesday’s drawing. Tuesday was the 32nd consecutive drawing in which no one won.
If you purchased a ticket, you’ll still want to check it. The winning numbers are 15-17-20-35-55 and 7.
The next drawing is Friday night at 11 p.m.
With a lump-sum payment, a single winner can take home $286 million before taxes.
The odds are one in 258.9 million, which means you’re really, really, really unlikely to win. Here are eight things more likely to happen than win tomorrow’s jackpot:
- Get killed by a shark (1 in 11.5 million)
- Become president of the United States (1 in 10 million)
- Become a well known Hollywood movie star (1 in 1.5 million)
- Play professional football in the NFL (1 in 1 million)
- Be crushed by an asteroid that falls out of the sky (1 in 700,000)
- Make a hole in one on a par 3 hole (1 in 12,500)
- Get injured by a toilet (1 in 10,000)
- Get struck by lightning (1 in 3,000)
- Before you get too discouraged, keep in mind that the odds of winning at least some kind of Powerball prize, even your money back, are not too shabby: about 1 in 14.