NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – Two children were arrested Wednesday after deputies said they broke into a dead man’s home and stole his WWI and WWII-ear weapons last month.
The Pasco Sheriff’s Office said a 13- and a 14-year-old boy broke into a dead man’s home on Saddle Ridge Road in New Port Richey July 21 and stole several WWI and WWII firearms, explosives and collectibles.
Deputies discovered the weapons 23 days later, at a home on Miramar Street around 9 p.m. Out of an abundance of caution, a bomb squad was called to investigate.
The scene was later declared safe, as the weapons were determined not to be live or contain any ammunition.
The sheriff’s office said deputies arrested the two children around 1:05 a.m. Wednesday for burglary.
The 14-year-old reportedly provided deputies a full confession and written statement.
- People magazine reveals its ‘2020 People of the Year’
- Sullivan’s Island to host holiday festivities and fireworks in Stith Park
- Newsfeed Now: Who will get first COVID-19 vaccines; La. COVID patient receives help from across the country
- ‘Tis the Season to visit local nonprofit Space Center Houston
- Man reaches through open window, grabs sleeping 14-year-old in North Carolina