GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) – Anakeesta’s new 360-degree observation tower, part of a multi-million dollar expansion to the park, has opened to visitors in Gatlinburg.
The Anavista tower offers 360-degree views of the Smokies, even peaks as far away as Kentucky. The tower is part of Anakeesta’s $6.5 million dollar 2020 expansion.
It will also soon include a new restaurant, the Smokehouse Brewery, along with a water play area and tree house adventures. Nearly two million people have visited Anakeesta since it opened less than three years ago in one of Tennessee’s most popular tourist destinations.
Anakeesta is located at 576 Parkway in Gatlinburg. The park is open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff dies in prison, AP source says
- My Pillow CEO says Costco has dropped his products
- Expert for the defense says Chauvin was justified in pinning down George Floyd
- Former NC Gov. McCrory announces US Senate run
- SC family finds $40K in home damage after Disney trip; kids responsible won’t face charges, police say