BELL, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida man held his wife’s lover at gunpoint and cut off the man’s penis before fleeing with the flailing appendage.
News outlets report 49-year-old Alex Bonilla was arrested hours later on charges including aggravated assault.
The Gilchrist County Sheriff’s Office released a statement Tuesday that said Bonilla broke into his neighbor’s home Sunday, tied the neighbor up and mutilated his genitals with scissors. Deputies say the victim told authorities that Bonilla then took the severed penis and fled across the street to his own house.
Deputies say the motive still is under investigation, though an arrest report says Bonilla caught his wife and the victim having sex in May.
The victim was hospitalized.
- SLED: 1 man dead after officer-involved shooting in Horry County
- Woman attacked from behind with own cane in New York
- Charleston PD makes additional arrests stemming from an incident during Sunday’s protest at the Battery
- SCDOT to begin work on Highway 61 Road Safety Improvements, will preserve area’s ‘historic beauty’
- Trident Literacy Association receives grant money to help adults catch up on their education