ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — The St. Petersburg Police Department arrested a man after his neighbor reportedly caught him on video beating his dog unconscious.
The police department said Cole Allan Herrmann, 36, was recorded on video beating his dog in his back yard at 5400 38th Avenue N. Police said the dog was in a metal cage while getting hit in the head repeatedly.
The police report says after Herrmann finished hitting the dog, the video shows the dog becoming unresponsive.
Herrmann reportedly admitted to police afterward that he “spanked his dog too hard.”
He was arrested and charged with animal cruelty. His bond was set at $5,000.
The police department said the dog survived and Herrmann surrendered it to Pinellas Animal Services.
- LIVE BLOG: Tropical Storm Beta makes landfall Monday along Texas coast
- Arkansas mom says daughter saved family from fire when smoke alarms stayed silent
- Hurricane Hugo battered the Lowcountry 31 years ago
- SC lawmakers to discuss CARES Act funding in Columbia
- Final day for Sidney Moorer to turn over evidence in Heather Elvis disappearance case